Specialist Analyst – Starting Materials
As a newly formed commercial entity, formerly part of the NHS, with private equity backing, we are looking to expand our team.
About TP Pharmaceuticals
Torbay Pharmaceuticals (TP) manufactures and distributes terminally sterilised injectables for the secondary care market in the UK and worldwide. After recently securing investment from NorthEdge, a leading private equity firm in the life sciences space, we are excited to launch our next phase of growth with the aim of strengthening our capabilities and expanding our reach while continuing to grow and invest in our team.
About the Role
The role is key to the success of the Starting Materials Team within QC providing wider support for the manufacturing of medicinal products.
The scope of this role will include, but is not limited to:
- Manage and organise the pharmaceutical materials sampling, testing and release section of the QC department.
- Generate and maintain starting material specifications ensuring compliance to cGMP.
- Act as a Releasing Officer, taking responsibility for the final approval of all pharmaceutical starting materials, packaging components and consumables prior to their use in the manufacture and/or testing of finished medicinal products.
- Ensure procured materials and components are sampled, analysed, processed and met the required specification in a timely manner with minimal delay from receipt to availability for use within production, packaging and other areas of the business.
- Provide functional and technical support to the Starting Materials team of the Quality Control department.
- Ensure the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and ERP system as appropriate holds accurate and current information relating to received goods, to ensure efficient processing and traceability in the event of a product recall.
- Provide specialist advice on all aspects of starting materials and components to senior Quality and Production Teams within Torbay Pharmaceuticals.
- Liaise with senior Team within the Quality Control Laboratories, Production areas and Procurement department to ensure materials and components are processed and approved within agreed timeframes.
- Honors degree or equivalent in a science discipline.
- 2 years’ experience of medicinal product and raw materials analysis.
- 2 years’ experience working within a GxP environment.
- Exceptional planning and time management capability with a track record of meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent eye for detail and analytically minded.
- Ability to understand and review regulatory requirements, with a view to making recommendations.
- Proven track record of managing others, providing first line supervision and reviewing team competency, identifying training and development needs.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety regulations
- Leadership qualification
Torbay Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
To apply, please click HERE
Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification
If you would like any more information, or an informal chat about the role, please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org